One-day excursion from Naples to Amalfi/Ravello/Positano

Hello, we will be in Naples the first week of April and we would like to visit la costiera but we have only one day at our disposal. I would love to see Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. What type of transportation (car, bus, train, ship?) and which route would you recommend? Thank you

Next month will be my first time at The Amalfi Coast, so I am not what you would call an expert. But, after extensive reading and watching every video ever made, I have three comments:

1. If you don’t mind spending the extra money, hire a driver and go at your own pace.

2. I did not check from Naples but there must be one because from Sorrento there is a guided tour that stops at Amalfi, Positano and Ravello. You have to understand that you will have only about an hour in each town. I took 3 day trips out of Florence last May and they were all outstanding. But you have to understand that you are seeing much more than you are absorbing. They are a wonderful introduction to each location.

3. If you prefer to spend more time in each city, I would give serious consideration to narrowing down your selection. If you decide to go to Ravello, you can take the bus, which I believe will drop you in Amalfi and then you take the local bus or taxi from Amalfi to Ravello. To return you reverse it and go back to Amalfi to take the bus back to Sorrento. You’ll have to check if the bus starts in Naples. I never had to look at that because I’m staying in Sorrento. You can also take the Ferry back for a different view. But the last Ferry might leave earlier than you want. If you want to see Positano, the bus stops there, as well.

Only you can decide how much you want to see in that limited time.